What is Cancer?
Cancer is a group of diseases that have an abnormal cell growth. This disease is killing many people in the world. It is able to affect anyone at any age. The cancer cells multiply very quickly and eventually cause a lot of pain.
Signs and Symptoms of Cancer
When cancer begins, it does not show any symptoms. They start to appear once the mass starts growing. There are different types of symptoms.
Local symptoms include:
- An ulcer
- Interference with tissue or organ function
- Difficulty swallowing
Systemic symptoms include:
- Change in bowel movements
- Unintentional weight loss
- Changes to skin
- Excessive fatigue
Metastasis symptoms include:
- Pain above the stomache
- Enlarged spleen
- neurological symptoms
What Causes Cancer?
90 to 95% of cancers are caused by things in the environment, for example your lifestyle. These are a few common environmental factors that cause cancer.
- Viruses and other infections
- Environment pollutants
Types of Cancer
Cancers are determined by what the tumor cells resemble. There are over 100 types of cancer. These are the ones that are seen the most.
- Non-melanoma skin cancer. This type affects more than 1 million people per year. Skin cancer is able to form in the skin cells on any part of the body. Usually it will form on parts that have been in the sun.
- Lung cancer. Lung cancer gets to the cells inside the lining of the lungs.
- Breast cancer. This is the most common cancer in women. Only about 1,900 cases are diagnosed in men each year.
- Prostate cancer. This is the most common cancer to affect men. The prostate gland is a part of the reproductive system in men. It is found at the base of the bladder, close to the rectum. This cancer is made in the tissues inside the prostate gland.
- Colorectal cancer. The colon is part of the large intestine. It helps break down and digest food.
- Bladder cancer. The bladder can be affected by cancer cells that develop inside its tissues. Transitional cell carcinoma is the most common type of bladder cancer.
- Melanoma, which is another type of skin cancer. It forms in the skin’s melanocyte cells. This produces the brown pigment melanin. Since the skin that contains a lot of pigment is where you will usually see melanoma happen, it is in moles a lot of the time. It can also be in the intestines or the eyes.
- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma. This type of cancer is typically diagnosed by having swollen lymph nodes, fevers, and weight loss.
- Kidney cancer. The kidneys are what helps you to get rid of waste from the body in the form of urine. Cancer can form inside the tissues or ducts of the kidneys.
- Leukemia. There are four main types of leukemia.
-acute myeloid leukemia
-acute lymphocytic leukemia
-chronic lymphocytic leukemia
-chronic myeloid leukemia.
These types of typically form inside the bone marrow. They are known as blood cancers. When you have this type of cancer, it will result in you overproducing certain kinds of white blood cells. These white blood cells circulate in the bloodstream. Leukemia can be chronic or acute.
Treatments for Cancer
There are several treatment options available. The main options include:
- Chemotherapy. It is used when the cancer is found early. Chemotherapy is the use of drugs to help treat the cancer. Traditional chemotherapeutic agents will kill the cells that divide rapidly.
- Radiation. The rays penetrate deep into the body where the cancerous cells are developing, attempting to either cure the cancer or improve the cancer symptoms. The healing is faster than some other options and you would not be at risk of getting any infections
- Surgery. Surgery is the most common type of cancer treatment. It is done to prevent, diagnose, stage, and treat cancer. It can also help with any discomfort. Surgery may play a role helping a lot of people survive cancer. Surgery is able to completely get rid of cancer some in many people.
- Palliative care. With this type of treatment, the main goal is to treat emotional, social, practical, and spiritual problems that illnesses can bring up and help the patient feel better in general.
- Immunotherapy. This stimulates or helps the immune system so that it is able to fight the cancer using antibodies.
- Alternative medicine and hemp oil. Alternative medicine can help the patient cope with signs and symptoms caused by cancer and cancer treatments. Alternative medicines can include acupuncture, hypnosis, massage, meditation, yoga, aromatherapy, music therapy, exercise, and tai chi. Hemp oil, used in the form of CBD vape oil, is quite effective at helping reduce the risk of cancer as well as helping in its treatment. This is because of the significant anti-carcinogenic properties that it has in it.
Survival rates for cancer are different depending on many different things. Once a cancer has gotten to a certain size, the chance of survival typically becomes much worse. One of the most important things to consider when wondering whether a patient will survive is the age of the person and their overall health. A person with better health will be more likely to survive than someone with the opposite. There are many websites available today to help you know more about the causes of cancer and what you can do to help prevent it. Some things you can do to help prevent it would be not using tobacco products, eating a healthy diet with plenty of vegetables and fruit, drink alcohol in moderation, maintain a healthy weight and exercise, protect yourself from the sun, get immunized, practice safe sex and get your regular medical care.